Author's Note

I hope that this blog will inspire you and renew your resolve to overcome the fear, the pain, the overwhelming sense of dread that you may have found yourself in. If I can make you laugh, cry, or have some personal realization about your own situation, I will be incredibly pleased - for you.
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." - unknown

Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Book Flap"

I'm an incredibly optimistic and upbeat, but also realistic. I "choose" how I want to feel in the most dire of situations. Dave is more pessimistic by nature. This story of our journey to get Dave well, like our marriage, is full of the ying and yang of our approaches to life. It reflects my deep commitment to my personal beliefs and philosophy, but is full of the realities of each day of caregiving. Somehow I manage (or so I hope) to temper my optimism in deference to Dave while trying to uplift him, get him well, and increase his mental/emotional well being enough to go through all his treatment and tackle his fears - and somewhere in there, mine as well. I hope this is an uplifting, encouraging, sometimes funny journey through what most still feel is a devastating diagnosis, "CANCER!"

While dealing with the day to day crisis of getting Dave well, I have believed that the hardest work was yet to come. How to help Dave to LIVE WITH Cancer.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment